The Faculty of Education and Social Sciences has a permanent full-time (or part-time job-sharing) non-teaching academic position available.
You will enact, coordinate and support curriculum and resource design and programme/course development in the Faculty of Education and Social Sciences and contribute to whole-of-institution quality assurance and enhancement.
If you have current knowledge of the application of tertiary education quality assurance systems and processes, academic regulations and policies, and administration practices, then this role could be for you.
Please see a selection of key tasks listed below:
· Co-ordinate projects associated with academic development for new or changed qualifications or programmes, ensuring consistency of decision making.
· Provide advice and support to staff on teaching and learning matters, including, the design and development of new and revised curricula, innovative practice, assessment and moderation.
· Facilitate the processing of programme approvals, changes to programmes, and accreditation applications through internal institutional quality assurance.
· Liaise with the Educational Development Centre and/or Academic Administration Services to ensure that programmes are developed within NZQA and TEC approval and funding conditions.
Essential requirements include extensive knowledge and experience of:
· Instructional design principles and practices, curriculum design and development
· Current learning and teaching practice including the application of technology that supports learning, and Māori pedagogy.
In addition you will require the ability to use effective interpersonal communication skills for dealing with diverse audiences and hold a qualification at degree graduate level or above.
Applications close 1 November. For a job description and to apply please click on the link provided.