The Eastern Institute of Technology (EIT) is a leading tertiary education institute operating in Hawke's Bay, Tairāwhiti and Auckland with an impressive record of educational success, sound financial management and innovative practice. Under the Reform of Vocational Education, the government is creating a New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology from 1 April 2020 and EIT will become a subsidiary company from that date.
The Finance Manager reports to the Executive Director, Corporate Services, who has overall financial management responsibility. The key responsibilities of the Finance Manager are to:
- Provide leadership, development and support to the Finance Team, so they can provide excellent customer service and business support
- Plan and manage to achieve operational excellence in financial processes
- Ensure high quality information for budgeting, financial reporting and decision support is provided for internal and external purposes
- Maintain a strong focus on financial control and compliance.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A tertiary business qualification and be CA qualified
- Strong people development and management experience
- Good planning, organisation, relationship management and communication skills
- Experience in financial management and analysis roles and in supporting business improvement
- A well-developed understanding of financial management processes and systems, and experience in process improvement
If the successful applicant is currently employed in the ITP Sector, continuous sector service would be recognised.
For further information you can contact in confidence Victor Saywell, Executive Director, Corporate Services. Ph: 06 8301904.
Applications close on 3 May. For a job description and to apply please click on the link provided.