A diverse and rewarding role supporting students to pursue vocational careers. You will work across two key client groups:
- Connecting current EIT students with employment opportunities in industry
- Finding creative ways for industry to engage with secondary students about careers and educational pathways
Key tasks include;
- Building strong connections with high schools, industry training organisations, industry and community groups
- Interacting with industry and employers so that vocational opportunities are identified and can be promoted to students
- Providing support to High Schools and other community groups that wish to run vocational events
- Supporting the transition of students through to further education or employment
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of vocational opportunities including education and employment opportunities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience in communicating and working with young adults and in particular Māori and Pasifika students
- Ability to facilitate elementary industry and student surveys
Based in Gisborne this a fulltime fixed-term role.
Applications close on 12 July 2020. For a job description and to apply please click on the links below.